BMW’s fourth-best selling motorcycle the durable R1200 GS has seen very few changes in the two decades it’s been around.
The dual-purpose single-cylinder motorcycle has sold in huge numbers around the world and 21 years after its launch there’s still no indication of sales ever slowing down. Nip onto the Internet and Google “BMW R1200 GS” and you’ll find about 1.2 mil English pages devoted to the much-loved machine thanks to its low cost, simplicity of design and the fact that it’s about as fragile as an anvil.
- Air/oil-cooled flat twin (‘Boxer’) 4-stroke, one camshaft and four valves per cylinder
- Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- 115 Nm (85 ft/lbs) at 5,750 rpm
- 20.0 liters (5.3 US Gal)
- Click to download the transport rate sheet (Right click to save as)
- Click to download the 2014 rate sheet (Right click to save as)
- Click to download the 2015 rate sheet (Right click to save as)